Talk Show Host
WMBD, Central Illinois' #1 News and Talk station, is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic talk host. We're looking for more of an entertainer than a political pundit. You should be able to deliver remarkable content in a fun, interesting, and compelling style that attracts the targeted audience, builds on-air ratings, and engages digital users. You'll join our dominant group and work in a high-energy culture, alongside other talented media personalities and a killer creative team. Plus, you'll work for Duke Wright's Midwest Communications, one of the most respected and committed companies in the industry. Desired duties, skills and experience include:
- Perform a daily on-air radio show for broadcast and streaming entertainment with demonstrated creativity, imagination, and story-telling, establishing a strong relationship with the audience.
- Clearly convey an upbeat and fun personality.
- Maintain burning desire to be immersed in the community as an outstanding ambassador for the company and the WMBD brand.
- Create and grow content on other platforms, such as social media, podcasts, blogs, video and web.
- Effectively plan, research, develop, prepare and produce elements in advance of every performance.
- Astutely interviews guests, moderate debates, converse with callers, and host live events.
- Demonstrate aptitude and attitude to work in a fast and accurate manner under pressure, with ability to present live and ad-lib unscripted content with continuity, meaning and clarity.
- Stay socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions.
- Possess basic computer and software skills and have basic knowledge of social media platforms, and have capacity to learn new systems quickly.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures as well as FCC guidelines, and help protect the licenses of our stations. □ Maintain a valid driver license and clean driving record, which are required for hiring.
- Experience as a Program Director, Brand Manager or Operations Manager is a plus but not required. You must be self-motivated and have a true desire to win for the right reasons.
Midwest Communications, Inc. is privately owned and operated with 82 radio stations in eight states. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer by choice.
|Send materials to:||
Midwest (Format: News/Talk) ** E-mail Only **