General Manager - Hubbard Radio
Hubbard Radio is a full-service media company with 16 radio stations and cutting-edge digital solutions in four of northern Minnesota's most beautiful and active resort communities: Alexandria, Bemidji, Brainerd and Wadena. At Hubbard, we're looking for the best people in local media to help build dominant brands that connect consumers and advertisers to build better businesses and communities. We succeed by always doing the right thing with focus, urgency, and passion.
The position of General Manager is responsible for the overall success of the stations, with full local control and accountability for all departments. The General Manager will be responsible for providing leadership with integrity, a cohesive vision and driving innovation and creativity.
- Oversee the Alexandria and Wadena markets for Hubbard Radio in Northern Minnesota. Participate in the development of the Company's short-term and long-term objectives, policies and procedures Provide effective leadership to the market's management team in the development, production, promotion and sale of the Company's products and services Develop and implement a strategic plan, which establishes short-and-long term goals. The plan should include sales revenue, programming, marketing, technical, digital and human resources development elements. Effectively execute corporate approved plans. Determine best organizational structure to accomplish strategic plan, then recruit, hire, retain, coach and develop a cohesive team to that works and communicates effectively with each other and with the community served Assure that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws and that FCC requirement are adhered to and licenses renewed in a timely manner Prepare and adhere to approved annual budget to assure profit goals are met or exceeded and planned revenue and cost controls achieved Review and approve all of the stations' contracts (including purchasing agreements, trade agreements, employment contracts, etc.)
- Four year degree in related field preferred 3-5 years experience in senior level position in broadcasting/media company Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills Demonstrated innovative leadership, communication and staff development skills with a history of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement. Must have broad-based knowledge of radio station operations including FCC regulations and license fulfillment requirements. Must have strong budgeting skills, demonstrating creative use of available resources and proven planning, prioritizing and achievement of financial and strategic objectives. Willingness to invest time & effort in community leadership as a positive representative of the station. Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures Ability to travel to various locations This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background, driving record and consumer financial history background check. Background check information will be used in a confidential and non-discriminatory manner consistent with State and Federal Law.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Work with time sensitive information under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate and operate personal computers, telephones and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.)
- Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, and business proposals.
- Average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping.
- Able to drive own vehicle for the purpose of meeting clients and attending events.
- Requires the ability to think critically, strategically and tactically and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
We are an equal opportunity employer
604 3rd Ave W
Alexandria, MN 56308
Midwest (Format: Various) ** Visit Web Site **