Design Director Position - Wausau, WI
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer user inquiries and requests concerning the websites from users within and outside of the company.
- Work with the staff in launching any new station website. Ensure that any new station website functions properly through rigorous testing.
- Responsible for ensuring that the website(s) runs as efficiently as possible and will monitor statistics to assure maximum usability and functionality.
- Stay abreast of any industry-wide changes in design philosophy and any new tools and technologies being used for Web design.
- May be involved in the expansion of website/intranet functionality to improve performance and usability.
- Assist in setting design and development project priorities.
- Manage sprints to make sure all team members have enough to work on and each sprints has a good mixture of tasks from top priority projects, important bug fixes and other small updates.
- Review the work other web development team members to ensure it meets requirements and doesn't introduce new issues.
- Ensure our project's style guide is accurate. This ensures not only the look and feel of the sites remain consistent but the implementation does as well.
- Gather project requirements by interviewing and surveying our staff and users when needed.
- Test software and recruit staff to test software before development.
- Oversee all web designers and their work
- Have one-on-one meetings with all designers to make sure they are aware of changes to our guidelines, processes or the CMS they use everyday.
- Provide guidance and training in design and day-to-day situations/communication
- Set design guidelines to ensure designs and design processes are consistent across company
- Frequently analyze and improve guidelines, modes of communication and workflows the designer
- Oversee web ad design process and help make adjustments to improve communications and efficiency
- Ensure we keep up with industry ad design standards
- Develop workflows and guidelines for client web design projects
- Research third-party products and services to use in project workflow
- Train team members working on these projects
- Meet with clients to guide the design and development process
Midwest Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.
|Send materials to:||
Andy Gille, VP/Digital Operations
557 Scott St
Wausau, WI 54403
Midwest (Format: Various) ** No Calls **