The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is an essential part of the success of The North, 103.3 FM. This position is primarily responsible for greeting and directing all station visitors, volunteers, and guests, answering multi‐line telephone with voice mail, routing and screening calls and answering member and listener questions. This position also provides administrative assistance to the Station Manager and Radio Programming staff. Our ideal Receptionist/Administrative Assistant needs to be welcoming, friendly, organized, and professional presence in the office. This position will work 5 days a week from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, with flexibility for special projects and unexpected needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES - RADIO RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Professionally administer all incoming phone calls, ensuring delivery of messages through the appropriate channels. Greet and direct visitors to the station. Provide administrative assistance to the Station Manager. Serve as the coordinator of the radio station's Community Advisory Board. Assist the Station Manager in filing Quarterly Issues Reports to the FCC and updating the radio station's Public File as needed. Serve as administrator of accrued hours of public service, ACH Legacy Fund reporting, and provide timely summaries each month to the organization's Business Manager. Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail, faxes, and UPS and FedEx deliveries; prepare outgoing mail for the postal service and other mail carriers; assist staff with the proper use of the postage machine and maintain the inventory of postal supplies. Keep office areas clean and presentable. Receive, stock, and distribute office supplies. Assist other departments with special projects, mailings, etc as needed. Participates in fundraising activities as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal communication skills Superior phone etiquette with the ability to handle various caller needs. A welcoming disposition. Strong organizational skills. A self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision. Able to work collectively in a mission-driven environment. Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the Internet. Ability to multi‐task with proficient time management skills. Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments. An understanding of The North's target audience and membership demographic. Possess a strong desire to support diverse artists and the communities we serve.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). 2 years of relevant experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrable track record of maintaining the confidentiality of customer, donor, corporate and organizational information. Reliable transportation with a valid MN Driver's License. Ability to arrive to work on time and work a consistent work week. A professional appearance and demeanor with the ability to deal courteously and diplomatically with the public both internal and external, on the phone and in person. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performing environment and appropriately interface with similar executives at other non‐profits and corporations as well as music and entertainment industry professionals. Dependable, trustworthy, and responsible team player, well organized, detailed, and shows initiative, ability to multi‐task with flexibility and openness to various duties. Ability to demonstrate patience, compassion, and understanding toward our members, listeners, and communities. Serve enthusiastically as one of the primary ambassadors of our organization in this public-facing position.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. without assistance and work consistently for hours while sitting down.
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a future that is socially just, culturally rich, and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represents voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
- Commensurate on experience. This is a part-time position, ideal for the person seeking supplemental income in a fun and inviting workplace.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WDSE-FM is an equal-opportunity employer. WDSE-FM does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
|Send materials to:||
Midwest (Format: AAA) ** E-mail Only **