Who We Are And What You'll Do Here As an Interactive Producer you'll be part of a three-person team along with a fellow Interactive Producer and our Senior Editor, Digital Content.
Our team oversees content production for our digital platforms, including CapRadio.org, social media, our ReCap newsletter, and other channels. This includes work with CapRadio News and CapRadio Music. We also manage Great Question!, our audience-powered series answering questions from the community. In any given day you'll be managing our social media channels, writing and posting breaking news stories, working with other reporters to prepare their stories for the web, or pitching and working on your own projects.
We're a small team, which means we have to wear many hats. But that does give freedom to pitch projects in areas you're passionate about, too. Over the past year we've covered breaking news, mapped all the wildfires in the history of California, worked with a neighborhood to define their boundaries, created a Spotify playlist series, and wrote a newsletter for our TahoeLand podcast.
What We're Looking For In A Teammate We're looking for someone who has excellent news judgement and is passionate about community engagement, local news and digital storytelling. Someone who loves working as part of a team and collaborating. And someone who is always looking for new ways to inform and inspire our audience.
Since we're a small team there are lots of skills we'd love to add, so make a pitch for why your skills would be a great addition. Ideally you'll have experience working in a digital news environment and with multimedia, including audio, video and photos. Expertise working with visuals or a passion for social media would be a huge plus and are skills we're looking to add to our team, but not a requirement.
Salary The salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000, depending on skill and experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, chiropractic and acupuncture insurance Long-Term Disability and Group Life Insurance Paid holidays Flexible Vacation Retirement plan with employer matching Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care
- Engage with Capital Public Radio's audience throughout the day across social media and other platforms.
- Create, post and curate digital content for our website, social media and newsletters, including breaking or developing stories.
- Build digital elements to enhance stories such as photos, videos, maps, data visualization, playlists, galleries, etc.
- Pitch and develop larger digital passion projects for yourself, such as written stories, larger data visualization, videos, or other developing story formats ... whatever you can dream up!
- At least 2 years experience in a similar capacity preferred Excellent news judgement and a passion for community engagement, local news and digital storytelling; multimedia production, including photo, video and audio; ability to work well in a creative and collaborative setting; text editing and grasp of Associated Press style; understanding of HTML/CSS. Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field or experience preferred
The position requires flexible hours, possibly involving evenings and weekends.
In your cover letter, please answer:
- Why you're interested in joining Capital Public Radio Why you're passionate about your work How your experience will contribute to our team
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.
|Send materials to:||
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826
West (Format: NPR) ** No Calls **