Director of Foundation Engagement
Are you a collaborative and enterprising individual who creates strong and enduring partnerships with your team members and with foundations?
Do you engage with foundations that share goals of empowering the community to navigate life with deeper connection and understanding?
And do you have the expertise to manage a current portfolio of grants, meeting all reporting deadlines, tracking payments, and to proactively seek out new opportunities for funding?
If so, then you should apply to be CapRadio's Director of Foundation Engagement!
This is a new, full-time, exempt position. In this role you'll collaborate with the CapRadio Executive team and lead the cultivation of strong partnerships with current and potential grant makers in order to attract significant, multi-year funding. Your role would reinforce one of CapRadio's highest priority goals and aspirations: to focus on cultivating grant funding for initiatives.
The ideal candidate will feel a connection with CapRadio's public service mission and will be experienced in and passionate about a range of high-impact funding strategies. If you have extensive experience in grantmaking, company fundraising initiatives or foundation management and this sounds like you, we want you to apply.
We're focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds of people so if you're excited about this role but don't meet all of the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
- Proactively identify and research new and promising national, regional, and local foundation and grant making funding sources
- Produce and submit timely requests for support through letters of interest, grant applications, and various formal or informal proposals and other materials to secure new or continued funding
- Produce high-impact, high-quality grant proposals. Manage proposals and ensure all fall within grant strategy and organization-wide strategic plan. Include appropriate departments in the submission review
- Participate in determining strategy, including approach and timeline, for each prospective funder
- Effectively define grant requirements in the proposal stage and communicate grant programming expectations effectively with the CapRadio team to ensure all promised grant ''programming'' occurs in accordance with grant agreements
- Successfully manage grants post-award. Gather information from colleagues and teams across the organization to author impactful and accurate grant reports. Provide required reports on or before all required deadlines for all existing grantors, including securing internal concurrence
- Identify improved processes for management of contacts and data through our CRM (Raiser's Edge)
- Collaborate with Corporate Support and Major Donor engagement, as appropriate for major initiatives
- Stay abreast of trends in philanthropy and grantmaking in order to advise the Executive Team and support the strategic goals of CapRadio
- Previous experience working with foundations either as a successful grant maker or a grant seeker required
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to tell CapRadio's story in a way that captures the imagination of grantmakers
- Demonstrated ability to research, synthesize and communicate complex information
- Dedication to managing a variety of projects on deadline and with strong attention to detail and pride in authorship
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or experience preferred
- Passion for public media, journalism and/or music
- A thirst for continuous learning, bordering on geekiness
Other Competencies for Success:
Fluent with a variety of online platforms and ability to create visually arresting communication pieces that are consistent with the CapRadio brand
Remote work is temporarily available under shelter in place orders. Must be able to commute to our Sacramento, CA office once restrictions have been lifted.
The annual salary range for this position is $90,000-$95,000 a year. CapRadio also offers:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Group Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Vacation
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care
So, you're going to apply? Great! Here are the steps:
Submit your resume and cover letter to: https://capradio.recruitee.com/o/director-of-foundation-engagement
You can address your cover letter to the hiring manager for this position, Shirlee Tully, Chief Brand & Development Officer.
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. EOE
|Send materials to:||
West (Format: NPR) ** E-mail Only **